Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I am a home based urban monk.


The above is a jpg photo of my ordained minister's license. Instinctively, I have been following a monk like existence for many years now. I received the above license last August 2012. I decided to follow my own unique form of monkhood as of August 10th 2012. I will follow this way of life until I decide otherwise. I may keep up these practices throughout my life. I do not need a fancy building in which to worship. I follow my practices from my humble abode and out in the world at large, also.

My form of monkhood is not bound by dogma. It is evolving and it is open to change. It's not easy to place a firm label on my monastic way of life. I have spoken with a few friends and family members about views related to my monkhood beliefs, philosophies etc. This resulted in some of my friends and family members giving me strange looks and rolling their eyes at me as though I were crazy. People fear what they don't understand. The main thing is that I can help myself and many others through my beliefs. People are allowed to follow their own religious and philosophical beliefs. Here is a link to a site which gives more info on these universal rights:

http://ukhumanrightsblog.com/incorporated-rights/articles-index/article-9/

If I were to put a name to my monastic way of life, I would label it as such: I am a home based urban monk. I incorporate Remote Influencing in my monastery. I am developing will power, focus, discipline, knowledge, power, healing and faith as a result of my monkhood practices. Incidentally, willpower, focus, discipline, power, healing and faith are part of my 29 Remote Influencing keys. I will provide more info on the 29 RI keys in a future post.

Getting back to the universal rights above, people are allowed to follow their own beliefs, so long as no one is being harmed as a result of those beliefs etc. I have written an interesting article which draws comparisons between monkhood and research. This article is in PDF format. If you're interested in reading this article, please e-mail me and I can then send the article to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment