Monday, February 29, 2016

Way of The Remote Influencer - WOTRI, online self-help support group.


I will be forming an online self-help support group through my Way of The Remote Influencer blog site: wotri.org
I am a firm believer in the power of groups. I have written a chapter about Remote Influencing (RI) and groups in my book. Groups are powerful as they are. However, once RI has been infused into the group, the power of the group is magnified. The group becomes more powerful. Meaningful change and improvement can manifest itself through RI groups.

I suffer from anxiety. It can get pretty bad at times. I have been using Facebook as a hybrid support group. I have been exchanging Facebook e-mail messages with one of my friends. He suffers from anxiety too. I / we have found these online exchanges very helpful. I cannot disclose the name of my friend. It would be unethical and unprofessional of me to do such a thing. The great thing about this form of support is the fact that we are already using Facebook for our social interactions. We can remain logged into our Facebook accounts and we can also offer each other online support at the same time. During our support sessions, I / we have also provided each other with pertinent web links, articles etc.

The proposed support group can be hosted through my web site as listed above and/or it can also be hosted through my Facebook pages and/or my Google plus pages. I will also look into other support group platforms. Online support groups can be powerful tools in the healing process. My group will focus on anxiety and depression. It will also cover various life issues, situations etc. Personal development will play a part in this group as well. Remote Influencing (RI) is a form of personal development after all. This group is open to people across the globe. Distance is not a problem for people wanting to join this group.


Here is some great info on online support groups.


Support groups have long offered companionship and information for people coping with diseases or disabilities, and online situationally oriented groups have expanded to offer support for people facing various life circumstances, especially those involving personal and cultural relationships.

A convenient aspect of online support groups is the around the clock availability to its members. People can go online to blog or chat with others anytime of the day or night. There are no time constraints like there potentially would be with an in-person support group with scheduled meetings. Access to help is always available with online support groups.

Source:










No comments:

Post a Comment